Over the years, I have developed certain habits to get myself motivated to write or get me kickstarted into working on a chapbook, my blog and submissions. Here are just a few of my habits:
- I write better at night or early morning hours.
- I have to have noise-may it be the television or music or streaming my friends playing video games.
- I try to start with editing a piece, then move into newer pieces.
- Small writing prompts if I am stuck.
- Keep beverage and snacks nearby.
- Also, I tend to keep a book or two near me.
- Have tabs open for dictionary, thesaurus or syllable counter.